Sunday 22 February 2009

FOOM Poster

This is one of my all-time favourite pieces of comic artwork, by the legendary Jim Steranko. The poster came as part of the Friends Of Ol' Marvel membership kit, along with a membership card featuring stirring words from Stan "The Man" Lee, and a few superhero stickers. My copy of this poster had pride-of-place on my bedroom wall for well over a decade, so its dynamic figurework, design and colour are all imprinted in my grey matter. The above isn't my copy ( it's pretty tatty nowadays and lives in a box at my Mum's place ) but belongs to some random ebay-er who wants $250 for it. Gulp! What more can I say, but...Excelsior!



Soundtrack: Black Cherry by Goldfrapp.

1 comment:

pete doree said...

Lost my FOOM stuff I dunno how many years ago. Still had the membership card up until recently tho'. FOOM was great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails