Friday 20 February 2009

New comics Feb 09



Here are some of the mags I got today from my Comic Connection, Edward aka The Enthusiast. Because Amazing Spider-Man is published sort -of-weekly nowadays I actually received 13 issues. Phew!
Looking at these comics it seems a very conservative list: I was reading the exploits of these 3 characters 20 ( or more! ) years ago in one form or another. Back in the '80s and early '90s, when I had more time and money to spend on comics, I was reading a more eclectic list: Sandman, Love And Rockets, Cerebus, Bone, Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol, Hate, Weirdo, as well as yer standard super-hero stuff like FF, X-Men, Thor, Hulk etc.  I seem to have filtered out the work of such creators as Eddie Campbell, Kyle Baker, Daniel Clowes, Peter Bagge and Charles Burns in favour of retro adolescent fantasy. Does this indicate an oncoming mid-life crisis or am I just talking crap?



Soundtrack: Live At Shea Stadium by The Clash.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails