Saturday 16 October 2010

Bond Babes: Daniela


Another Saturday afternoon, another Bond movie on ITV. After a busy morning of moving furniture, followed by a pie and a pint with my mate Kev, relaxing with England's greatest secret agent was very welcome. Not that Bond had much chance to relax, what with boat and helicopter chases, gypsy duels, that brutal scrap with Robert Shaw's SPECTRE assassin, an exploding Russian embassy and Lotte Lenya's poison toe!

Yep, we're talking From Russia With Love, thought by many to be the best Bond film of the lot ( I won't argue... ), and featuring the delectable Daniela Bianchi as Tatiana Romanova.....



Although Daniela's character is the recipient of much standard-issue '60s sexism, she saves the day at the end of the film by rejecting her Russian masters and shooting poison dwarf Rosa Klebb to protect Bond.

And she looks gorgeous doing it.....



Soundtrack: If There Is Something, Virginia Plain and Ladytron by Roxy Music

6 comments:

That Baldy Fella said...

Bond on the telly? It's not a Bank Holiday weekend, is it? *checks calendar* Damn...

Mickey Glitter said...

The one and only Bond Girl for me is Honor Blackman. =)

Simon B said...

@Nick/Baldy: I'm fully expecting to see Goldfinger next weekend, but I can't promise a Bank Holiday :-(

@Mickey: Do you know what? After reading your comment I nearly wrote "Well, we all love Pussy here", but luckily I didn't. Phew! Got away with it!

Kal said...

She is quite delicious. I prefer my Domino from 'Thunderball' but she is nice too.

Simon B said...

@Kal: The ITV network here in the UK are doing their usual "show every Bond movie on a Saturday afternoon rather than invest in any new programmes" thing, so I expect to see Thunderball in a few weeks. I'll try and report back.....

Mickey Glitter said...

LOLing right now...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails