Friday 28 October 2011

FF Fridays: Power Records Book And Record Set



Who remembers this oddball exercise in story-telling from Power Records? A condensed version of FF #126 ( a re-telling of the foursome's origin and first encounter with the Mole Man ) issued in a set with a dramatisation of the story on a 45 rpm single? All good, corny fun. I've got a copy of this somewhere, as well as two others starring Captain America and Dracula. Might have to dig 'em out...

Here's "The Way It Began", courtesy of Secret Cavern.....






4 comments:

Steve said...

Wow, what great actors! I wonder if they ever won any Oscars? Amusing stuff.

Simon B said...

It's a laugh, isn't it? I actually think the guy playing The Thing is spot-on. It's just how Ben's voice sounds in my head.

Kid said...

I sometimes think it's one person doing all the voices at different speeds. Sue's voice sounds a bit odd at times.

I transferred my own copy to CD a year or two back. Two versions - one with the page bleeps, one without.

I've also got the Golden Records version of FF #1. I edited out the hugely irritating page announcements - it's actually quite listenable now.

Anyone got the Thor one?

Simon B said...

I've never seen the Golden Records FF. Which issue of Thor did they record?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails